Just purchased a rare Eleanor Burford Short Story "Tomorrow I Will Clean the Brass"
Found this on eBay and it's coming from Australia. I've always been curious about her short stories and serials. This one is from 1945 and in the periodical Penguin Parade.
The Penguin Parade series was the first real set of Penguin Periodicals. It was used to publish short stories, poems and illustrations by contemporary writers and artists. The first volume, which was published in November 1937 as Penguin 120 was edited by Denys Kilham Roberts, who went on to edit the first series. With the onset of the war and the advent of Penguin New Writing in 1940 the series ended. The frequency which in 1938 produced three issues, gradually diminished to one per year.
- This is Volume 11, 1945, 187.
- GWYDION MATHRAFAL by Gwyn Jones
- FIRST SIN by John Prebble
- TROOPSHIP by John Strachey
- IN A GLASS DARKLY by Dorothy Carus
- THOMAS GRIFFITHS AND PARSON COPE by Margiad Evans
- IN THE CAGE by Patricia W. Daly
- FESTIVAL by Margaret Stanley-Wrench
- TOMORROW I WILL CLEAN THE BRASS by Eleanor Burford
- ESTORO by Peter Jackson
- PACT by Joseph Harrington
- YOU'LL GET NO PROMOTION by Charles A. Fenton
- BOWEN, MORGAN AND WILLIAMS by Glyn Jones
Finally got the scans up on the website. You can view them here: